GIFTS AND DONATIONS:
- We had 19 people donate books to the Library this month – 9 of which
were new or fairly new “Adopt an Author” books!
- We received
2 more donations in response to the annual appeal totaling $110 which brings
our total to: $7,827
- We received a grant in the amount of$100 from the Vermont
Dept. of Libraries for a summer reading program performer.
- We made $450+
on the chili dinner! Great news!
2011: Books =
932 Misc =
Books = 772 Misc =
Books = 957 Misc =
- I am sad to say that one of our 2 homeschooling families decided to put
the children back in public school, so we do not officially have a group
- We held 3 successful programs this past month: a cooking class
and author talk with Andrea Chesman, a talk on Costa Rica with Sue Allen
for the seniors and had a Tai Chi demonstration at our Parkinson’s
Support group meeting.
- I had a talk with our teen, Sam, who is part of the
Mt. Abe “School
to Work” program. We decided to just have her work one afternoon a
week for the time being. Her work load is pretty heavy at school and she
needs more time for homework.
- Thank you Walt for leading the “Meet
the Candidates” night.
Thanks everyone for your support and hard work. It sure had paid off this
Who is the buildings and grounds person
now? I was just wondering because I have noticed that the front desk could
really use a coat of paint.